19 Aug Celebrate one year of Players First with social media giveaways
This month officially serves as one full year since US Club Soccer launched its ambitious Players First initiative at Nike World Headquarters.
An impressive list of partners have grown to cement themselves within the portfolio, as US Club Soccer’s way of providing clubs, coaches, parents and players with the resources they need to truly put Players First in youth soccer.
In no particular order, we’ve also seen:
- Four LaLiga Formation Methodology courses were held throughout the country
- SoccerPrep offered its planning tools to US Club Soccer member clubs
- Positive Coaching Alliance extended its resources to not only expand on its partnership with US Club Soccer, but also to generate new grassroots partnerships with clubs throughout the country
- Beast Mode Soccer created a 23 (and counting)-episode YouTube playlist of drills that encourage players to practice on their own
- Sideline Sports Doc hit its stride within Players First, as a special SSD online course is now required as part of US Club Soccer staff registration – in an effort to enhance Player Health & Safety at the youth level
- Exclusive curriculum from id2, PDP and U.S. Soccer youth national team programming was released in SportSessionPlanner’s special US Club Soccer library
- World Football Academy released two webinars for US Club Soccer coaches on the always valuable topic of periodization
- Fit for 90 launched a free coaching education webinar series that focuses not only on coaching tactics, but also includes information on how to optimize training sessions by considering sports science
Outside of these valuable partnerships, US Club Soccer is also preparing Player Health & Safety summits and a plethora of additional digital resources in the future. News about the highly anticipated Players First certification process is also coming soon.
But, for now, in a brief moment of reflection on the first anniversary of Players First, US Club Soccer is launching a two-week long social media contest.
Every day – Aug. 22 through Aug. 26 and then Aug. 29 through Sept. 1 – one Players First partner will be featured with a trivia question. From the time the question is first posed in the morning on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, the public will have until 4 p.m. ET to submit their answers, either by replying as a comment on Facebook and/or Instagram, and/or tweeting @USClubSoccer and using #P1soccer. You may receive up to three entries, by commenting on each social media platform. A winner will be chosen at random to receive a prize that is specific to that day’s Players First partner. A winner on one day is not eligible to win on ensuing days.
Here’s the calendar of prizes:
- Aug. 22: Beast Mode Soccer
Today’s contest has concluded & a winner has been randomly selected from Instagram. Check back tomorrow for Sideline Sports Doc trivia!
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) August 22, 2016
- Aug. 23: Sideline Sports Doc
- Aug. 24: World Football Academy
- Aug. 25: SoccerPrep
- Aug. 26: Fit for 90
Winner chosen at 4 pm ET to win sports science coaching course admission: https://t.co/EM4EQ9QxEs
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) August 26, 2016
- Aug. 29: SportSessionPlanner
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) August 29, 2016
- Aug. 30: Positive Coaching Alliance
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) August 30, 2016
- Aug. 31: TopYa!
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) August 31, 2016
- Sept. 1: LaLiga
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) September 1, 2016
Good luck! (UPDATE: This social media contest has concluded. Thanks to all who participated!)
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.