18 May Reminder: LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 2 course to be held in NorCal, July 7-9
LIVERMORE, Calif. | Less than two months remain to register to the LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 2 course, which will be held July 7-9 at Las Positas College in Livermore, Calif. This is the first Level 2 course in history of the series and the US Club Soccer/LaLiga partnership.
- LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 2 Course – Hosted by NorCal Premier Soccer
July 7-9; Las Positas College in Livermore, Calif.
Course web page | Registration
The course will be hosted by NorCal Premier Soccer. The organization’s President, Benjamin Ziemer, was one of four US Club Soccer officials who traveled to Spain in December 2015 in preparation for the launching of the LaLiga Formation Methodology series. And then six months later, NorCal Premier Soccer hosted the largest LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 3 course to date with more than 250 participants.
Now, NorCal Premier Soccer is a pioneer of Level 2, which is an advanced level of the coaching education series. Level 3 courses serve as an introductory base to LaLiga’s comprehensive development strategies, and Level 1 will eventually represent an expert level of the series and include time in Spain working directly with top Spanish academies.
“NorCal Premier is excited to partner with US Club Soccer and LaLiga to once again bring world-class coaching education to Northern California,” said Dan Chamberlain, NorCal Premier Soccer Director of Operations. “We believe that better coaches produce better players, and we place a high priority in assisting our coaches to become as knowledgeable and experienced as possible. The Level 2 course will be another amazing opportunity for our coaches to do just that.”
LaLiga Formation Methodology is a staple of US Club Soccer’s Players First initiative, which is a branded, holistic club soccer experience for parents and players, emphasizing the development of each individual to his or her full potential, and helping parents make better choices about where their children should play.
Through six Level 3 courses, about 900 coaches from nearly 300 clubs and organizations have been educated in LaLiga Formation Methodology.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
LaLiga Formation Methodology courses outline the philosophy and methods used across LaLiga to train, develop and form some of the world’s top players.
The 2½-day Level 2 course includes theory and practical sessions both on and off the field. Topics include:
- Development of optimal training and performance processes and methods.
- Mechanisms of control and development of the formative process and of individual performance of the players.
- The ability to plan the training process in the initiation and performance stages, as well developing and implementing the design and training of the game model.
- Creating and managing individual optimization projects and PDP projects.
- Deepen conceptual and procedural contents in training organization, planning and management.
The course fee also includes a one-year license for each attendee to Kimet Sport – the software for design, control, evaluation and periodization of training sessions used as for the course and by LaLiga academies, including Real Madrid C.F., FC Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla FC.
A second Level 2 course is currently being planned in New Jersey, to be held Aug. 11-13, to accommodate the attendees of previous Level 3 courses on the East Coast. More information will be coming soon.
- Individual Registration – NorCal member*/US Club Soccer member: $150
- Individual Registration – Non-NorCal member/US Club Soccer member: $250
- Individual Registration – Non-US Club Soccer member: $350
* NorCal members are registered US Club Soccer coaches, currently coaching in NorCal Premier League.
- Friday, July 7: 12:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Saturday, July 8: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 9: 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
A detailed schedule is available here.
For information on lodging, travel and to view bios of LaLiga clinicians, please visit the course web page.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.