30 Jun Member Update: 2017-18 registration year information and reminders
June 30, 2017
The new registration year is upon us, and US Club Soccer wants to provide you with information and updates to keep your team’s focus where it should be: on the field.
Please review the information below, and we encourage you to monitor the Registration section of usclubsoccer.org for the latest updates.
- Passcards for the 2017-18 registration year (August 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018) may be requested beginning July 1.
- On August 1, all teams in US Club Soccer’s registration platform will be “aged up” by one year for the 2017-18 registration year. As such, any teams added in June or July for the 2017-18 registration year should use the age group for the current 2016-17 registration year. Please also remember to update applicable team names if they include an age group that is not birth year (ex: Team 16-U Gold).
- If your team will be playing as part of the current 2016-17 registration year through July (for example, at the NPL Finals or National Cup XVI Finals), do not request passcard renewals until after your season is complete. Renewing before your season is complete may cause dual-registration issues and holds on staff passcard requests. If you will attend another event through July, please verify with the host whether 2016-17 (vs. 2017-18) passcards and rosters are required to be used.
- US Club Soccer is hosting webinars for registrars and associated administrators of member clubs/organizations to help navigate US Club Soccer’s registration platform.
- For those clubs that want to pay for US Club Soccer background screening of their members, a new payment option is being implemented in conjunction with the 2017-18 registration year. The “billed to club” option in which clubs are invoiced directly by SportsEngine is being replaced by an alternative method in which prepaid codes are purchased. This provides additional flexibility to the club, and potentially other organizations. A member update email will be sent shortly with more details, and the Background Screening web page will also be updated.
- Effective August 2018, submission of specific information for each player will be required in order to accommodate FIFA Connect and U.S. Soccer Federation ID initiatives. Details will be forthcoming, but in the meantime and as your players are being registered for the 2017-18 season, please ensure data is complete and accurate, including home address and email address (of the parent/guardian for youth players). This will help make compliance with next year’s FIFA and U.S. Soccer Federation requirements more efficient for both you and US Club Soccer administrators.
- SportsEngine is working diligently to ensure a smooth summer season on the US Club Soccer registration platform. Among the recent highlights:
- Infrastructure stabilization
- Migration of season data
- Addition of tools for US Club Soccer administrators to create efficiency in addressing support requests
- Optimized SportsEngine Registration with consolidation of player registration and waiver forms, and new mapping, to enhance user experience
Additional updates regarding the overall US Club Soccer registration platform transition to SportsEngine will be forthcoming.
- Per U.S. Soccer and US Club Soccer bylaws and policies, all adults assigned to a team or working with US Club Soccer-registered youth players in any capacity must first be registered with US Club Soccer. This is the case regardless of volunteer or paid staff status, and even if the individuals are registered with another U.S. Soccer member organization. Clubs/organizations whose staff members are not in compliance with this requirement are subject to disciplinary action.
- Staff Registration: Similarly, please remember that completion of the Sideline Sports Doc online course and background screening process does not mean you are registered with US Club Soccer. Staff registration is not complete, nor is insurance valid, until a staff passcard or rec registration request is received, paid for, and subsequently approved by US Club Soccer.
- In US Club Soccer’s registration platform:
- Every team name must be unique and cannot be the same name as the organization/club name.
- Team staff with Manage Players permission can remove players from their team, but registrars – or anyone with full permissions at the organization level – are the only ones who can release players from their organization using the Players tab.
- Registrars are encouraged to clean up rosters by releasing players that are no longer within their organizations. This simple task helps make data easier to manage each season.
LINKS / FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- US Club Soccer’s registration platform, powered by SportsEngine
- Registration section of usclubsoccer.org
- Birth-year registration mandate | Birth-year Registration and Season Matrix (Players)
- Staff Passcard Issue/Expiration Date Matrix
Please contact your respective US Club Soccer regional administrator with questions.