10 Jul Member Update: Background screening payment options and staff tracking list
July 10, 2017
A few updates are being made to the US Club Soccer background screening payment options and staff tracking list via SportsEngine in conjunction with the 2017-18 registration year.
As a reminder, there have been two background screening payment options during the past year, as follows:
- Applicant to Pay Directly: Payment is made by the person completing the background screening application via a credit card or bank draft transaction as part of the application process. This is the default option, unless a club indicated its decision to be billed directly for the background screening of its members.
- Billed to Club: Background screening applicants are not charged upon check out. Rather, the applicant’s club is invoiced directly by SportsEngine.
Effective July 11, the “billed to club” option as outlined above is being replaced by an alternative method involving the purchase of prepaid codes.
Through this process, a club may purchase one-time use, prepaid codes for any number of background screening applications and then distribute these unique codes to some or all of their coaches/staff members for use during the application process.
This payment option mimics that of the US Club Soccer/Sideline Sports Doc online injury triage course and provides additional flexibility. While clubs are encouraged to purchase prepaid codes in bulk, additional codes may be purchased at later dates by completing the form again.
With this change, there is no longer a need for clubs to indicate their payment option via the former Background Screening Club/Org Info Form. Rather, all applicants will have the opportunity to enter a prepaid code during the background screening application process. If the applicant has not been given a prepaid code, he or she will be prompted for payment by credit card or bank draft during the application process.
This option is available to all clubs in good financial standing as it relates to SportsEngine’s background screening invoices (if applicable).
ACCESS TO STAFF TRACKING PAGE:
This page allows a club registrar/official with appropriate authorization to view a list of individuals who passed US Club Soccer’s background screening in order to aid in completing US Club Soccer staff registration.
To access this page moving forward:
- Visit the Staff Tracking page, and log in to your SportsEngine account (you may wish to bookmark this page).
- Select the state in which your club is located.
- Select your club in the drop-down menu.
- All staff members that have passed US Club Soccer’s background screening as of July 11, 2017, will be viewable.
Your club’s list of individuals who passed background screening from July 2016 through July 10, 2017 will be accessible via the Archived Club/Org Pages link within this same structure.
In order to update your club’s registrar/official who has access to the Staff Tracking page, complete the Background Screening Club/Org Registrar Access Update Form.
These lists are not to be used to determine whether an individual is eligible to participate with youth players. US Club Soccer registration is not complete, insurance is not valid, and individuals are not allowed to coach or participate with youth players until the staff passcard/rec registration has been requested by one’s club and approved by US Club Soccer.
More information about the staff registration process can be found here.
Please contact your respective US Club Soccer administrator with any questions.
Thank you for your support and commitment to help keeping our players safe.
US Club Soccer