31 Dec Top news articles of 2017 on usclubsoccer.org
‘Tis the season to look back at 2017 and reminisce on developmental breakthroughs, new initiatives, programming successes and more.
Head over to nationalpremierleagues.com for a similar top five countdown of news articles on the NPL website.
Before you scroll down, any predictions on what generated the most excitement? Players First continued its momentum throughout the year, the ENPL is underway and the NPL and National Cup celebrated new sets of champions.
Without further ado, here are the top five news articles in 2017 from usclubsoccer.org:
- 11+: A warmup program proven to reduce injuries and severity of injuries (March 8)
- A key resource within the Player Health & Safety pillar of Players First, the 11+ warmup – formerly known as the FIFA 11+ – is demonstrated and explained in this video.
- 2017 NPL Finals and National Cup XVI Finals to be held at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind. (Oct. 13, 2016)
- Also one of the most viewed articles on the NPL website, this article was continually referenced throughout 2017 during the anticipation of the league-based and cup-based national championships.
- Implementation guidelines for U.S. Soccer’s Player Safety Campaign: Concussion initiatives & heading for youth players (March 14, 2016)
- Another mainstay from 2016, these guidelines remained on the forefront of youth soccer this past year.
- Keeping up with the National Cup XVI Finals (July 21-24)
- A total of 180 teams from 104 clubs and 23 states competed at the National Cup XVI Finals in Indiana this past summer. This article was regularly updated throughout the tournament for scores, weather-related information, photos and a few embedded, live streamed games.
- Roster revealed for 2017 id2 National Selection International Tour to Spain (March 13)
- The id2 Program is one of US Club Soccer’s most popular programs, and as the ultimate step for boys in each cycle, this roster announcement makes the top five cut of most viewed news articles.
There were several other news articles that barely missed the threshold, so here are the honorable mentions:
- AUDIO: U.S. Soccer President Candidate Forum produces crucial discussion about future of U.S. Soccer
- Twin Cities Soccer League enhances competitive landscape in Minnesota
- ECNL, US Club Soccer announce new national competition platform for boys
- 2017 id2 Training Camp schedule announced and future id2 expansion planned
- ENPL prepares for inaugural season behind 16 qualifying NPLs, Boys ECNL Conferences
- Stay or go: Yes parents, we’re talking about your role at practice
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.