Title: Director of Events
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations / NPL General Manager
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Status: Full time / Salaried
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
The Director of Events is responsible for planning and executing US Club Soccer’s events and programming throughout the United States, ensuring that each participant and attendee experiences a competitive, first-class and visionary environment focused on health and safety.
Programming is national, regional and local in scope, and currently includes NPL and other league-based events, National Cup Regionals and Finals, id2 Training Camps, Player Development Programs, and assistance with Players First programming.
Significant travel and evening/weekend work is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all logistics for US Club Soccer events, such as:
- Site and date selection
- Negotiation of agreements
- Venue and hosting logistics, equipment rentals and vendors, and other on-site needs
- Application and registration process
- Seeding and scheduling
- Coordinate referees, and liaison with referee assignors
- Transportation, lodging and meals
- Entertainment and other activations (socials, concerts, etc.)
- Music and award ceremonies
- Disciplinary issues
- Emergency contingency plans and risk management
- On-site signage, branding, marketing displays
- Develop and manage event budgets.
- Develop detailed and written event operations plans – including Emergency Action Plans and risk management components – for use in planning and on-site execution by all relevant individuals.
- Manage relationship with US Club Soccer’s housing partner, including involvement in event location and date selection process.
- Solicit, evaluate and negotiate venue usage and other related agreements.
- Manage and empower at least one full-time staff member, as well as interns, volunteers and other event staff.
- Manage and coordinate sponsor/partner activations, and generally ensure fulfillment of all parties’ event-related obligations.
- Develop and grow a retail merchandise program, including online, onsite, and pre- and post-event components.
- Oversee the execution and performance of selected events hosted by third parties, such as state championship competitions.
- Work cooperatively with the Warehouse Manager to coordinate equipment, apparel and gear orders, shipping and other related needs.
- Work cooperatively with membership services staff to coordinate dates and locations of events, help ensure team participation, coordinate college coach/scout attendance, and other related needs.
- Coordinate event-related communication with communications staff.
- Ensure knowledge management and appropriate documentation, and proactively identify areas of refinement or change.
Generally contribute to US Club Soccer’s mission, vision and core values.
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated and organized, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution, or equivalent previous work experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization and administration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, and produce high-quality output within specific time constraints.
- Ability to manage and lead staff and volunteers in a positive and supportive manner.
- Fiscally responsible.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with applicable software programs.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds, work outdoors for extended periods of time, and accomplish responsibilities involving physical labor.
- Knowledge of soccer is preferred, but not required.
Compensation consists of a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance programs, vacation and personal day package, and a 401(k) plan option.
Please apply via TeamWork Online: http://usngbjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=108496.
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2017, unless position is filled earlier.