By launching the Sports Leadership Program, US Club Soccer is aiming to educate club leaders on management, leadership, psychology and other topics required to be a professional leader of a youth athletic organization.
The Sports Leadership Program will also provide resources to help club leaders raise the bar for themselves and within their clubs, which will ultimately improve the daily experience of the players they serve.
Some sample topics include:
- High Performance Teams – Case Studies
- Identifying common themes and values in high-performing teams in sport and other arenas, including cultural and environment within the team.
- Collaborating for Development – Creating Affiliations and Relationships
- Creating working relationships, new entities, mergers, affiliations and other partnerships in youth soccer for promoting player development.
- Psychology of Leadership – Inspiration and Management
- Peer-to-peer communication, managing “up,” managing a staff, communicating with players and creating a culture of loyal and hardworking staff and players.
- The Art of Coaching – Pedagogy and Methods
- The art of teaching and instruction, including how young adults learn, tools for more effective teaching, use of guided discovery, determining whether athletes hear what you teach, and specific applications to youth sports.
Topics in the Sports Leadership Program will be included in Players First regional seminars and symposiums throughout the year. Ongoing educational resources will be provided throughout the year through articles, webinars and other digital distribution.