21 Jul Keeping up with the National Cup XVII Finals
AURORA, Colo. | The stage is set for US Club Soccer’s 17th annual cup-based national championship competition, the National Cup XVII Finals, in Aurora, Colorado.
206 teams will converge at Aurora Sports Park from July 20-24 to compete for national titles. They’re competing among Super Group (most competitive) and Premier Group divisions within 13-U through 18/19-U boys and girls age groups.
Keep up with the National Cup XVII Finals by browsing daily updates below. Photos, videos and more will be available throughout the tournament. You’re encouraged to join the conversation on social media by following @USClubSoccer on Twitter and Instagram, and by using the hashtag #NationalCupXVII.
Stay updated with the scores here.
TUESDAY, JULY 24:
On Tuesday, the National Cup XVII Finals championship matches kicked-off at 9:00 and 11:00. 22 champions were determined, after the fields had to be moved to the West side of Aurora Sports Park due to damage from severe weather on Monday night. Along with the intense competition, the players battled against the blistering sun on a very hot day.
Check the @USClubSoccer Facebook and Twitter pages for video highlights and interviews from the championship round.
Thank you to every player, coach, team manager, parent, and supporter who came to Aurora Sports Park this weekend, for a fantastic tournament.
Here are the final scores from each division, with the champions listed in bold:
- 13-U Boys
- Super Group: Pateadores 05 Yl-Black 2-1 Eclipse Black 05
- Premier Group: Ironbound SC Super Eagles 2-3 GPS ME Phoenix 05 Elite
- 13-U Girls
- Super Group: Fever United 05 Penn 2-1 FC Stars 05 NPL
- Premier Group: Woodbury 05 Blue 0-1 Apple Valley Storm
- 14-U Boys
- Super Group: NY Stars Premier Galaxy 3-2 GPS Elite Charlotte 04
- Premier Group: Mayas FC 04 3-1 FC Premier 04 Forzi
- 14-U Girls
- Super Group: South Shore Select 04 AP 5-3 STA MUSC 04 NPL
- Premier Group: NEFC BBA 04 South Elite 2-1 San Diego Force FC 04
- 15-U Boys
- Super Group: STA MUSC 03 NPL 3-4 CV Leon 03 Green
- Premier Group: SJSC Nevada United 03 Red 5-4 Deportivo Juniors 03
- 15-U Girls
- Super Group: Indie Chicas FC 03 0-1 White Bear Sambas 03 Elite
- Premier Group: GPS ME Phoenix 03 Elite 1-2 West Coast SC Kaos
- 16-U Boys
- Super Group: California Odyssey SC 02 Shahroki 2-5 Eclipse Elite Black 02
- Premier Group: Princeton FC Boca 3-1 FC Cardinals -Mancity 02
- 16-U Girls
- Super Group: NEFC BBA 02 NS Elite 4-5 Vision Academy 02
- Premier Group: Real CO Edge Select 02 2-1 Mount Laurel United Pride
- 17-U Boys
- Super Group: NEFC 01 NPL 3-4 SJEB Rush 01 Academy
- Premier Group: Apple Valley SC Storm Elite 2-3 GPS NH 01 NPL
- 17-U Girls
- Super Group: Watchung Hills NJ Elite Flames 2-1 South Shore Select 01 AP
- 18/19-U Boys
- Super Group: GPS NH 00 NPL 0-3 Olympiacos Chicago 99 Red
- Premier Group: South Suburban SA 99 2-3 Eastern FC Spartans 1999 NPL
- 18/19-U Girls
- Super Group: Rio Rapids 00 5-2 TSCH Bolding 00/99
MONDAY, JULY 23:
The fourth day of the National Cup XVII Finals saw 16 boys semi-final matches held. All girls groups and four boys divisions’ finalists qualified directly out of group play. The weather was beautiful on Monday and the games were loaded with passion, drama, and skill. Tomorrow’s 22 championship matches will hold more of the same!
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) July 23, 2018
The semi-finals of the #NationalCupXVII Finals are in the books! Well done to every team that made it this far and congratulations to our finalists. See today’s scores and the matchups for tomorrow’s 22 championship games here: https://t.co/1PCgLEpmp9 pic.twitter.com/OMGK9DbPtv
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) July 23, 2018
SUNDAY, JULY 22:
Day 3 was a packed day as the semi-finals stages were determined. Make sure to check the standings/scores to view the semi-final matchups. A brief thunderstorm near Aurora Sports Park caused a thirty minute delay in matches. Monday will hold the semi-final matches at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) July 22, 2018
SATURDAY, JULY 21:
Day 2 was another packed day of group play action, with the matches kicking-off at 9:00 a.m, 11:00, 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00. Day 3 will follow suit, before the semi-finals get underway on Monday.
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) July 21, 2018
FRIDAY, JULY 2o:
The first day of National Cup XVII Finals has arrived. These dedicated teams have been striving towards this big stage since their seasons began last August.
Games will kick-off at 9:00 a.m. and be held every two hours, until the last matches at 5:00. 99 matches will be held today as every time will play their first game of group play.