05 Sep Players First kicks off countdown to club licensing application with Parent Engagement & Education week
The first week of US Club Soccer’s countdown to the Players First club licensing application launch features two live webinars and multiple articles from Players First partners dedicated to the Parent Engagement & Education pillar of Players First.
The Parent Engagement & Education week is being held September 3-7 and will feature two Facebook Live sessions. Soccer Parent Resource Center founder Skye Eddy Bruce led a session exploring effective education and communication between parents and clubs on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 12 p.m. ET, while Positive Coaching Alliance Vice President of Business Development and Philanthropy, Jason Sacks, presented live on Friday at 12 p.m. ET, to discuss PCA’s “100 point exercise,” which helps parents and their youth athletes determine and align their short-term and long-term youth soccer goals.
Week of Parent Engagement & Education webinars:
- Positive Coaching Alliance’s Jason Sacks
- Held Friday, 12 p.m. ET
- Soccer Parent Resource Center’s Skye Eddy Bruce
- Held Wednesday, 12 p.m. ET
Update: In the Facebook Live session, Skye Eddy Bruce examined the difference between parent engagement and education, in her discussion of effective communication and education. The webinar recording is available below.
.@SkyeEddyBruce: “What we’re seeing is a real shift in culture happening. In order to embrace the positive club-parent relationship, it’s required a change of culture with more collaboration between both groups.”
— US Club Soccer (@USClubSoccer) September 5, 2018
Update: Watch Jason Sacks breakdown PCA’s ‘100-point’ exercise, where he provides parents with great tips and information on supporting your child’s youth playing career in a positive, healthy manner.
- View Positive Coaching Alliance’s 100 point exercise here.
Players First partners, Player’s Health and SCOUTINGZONE will also be releasing featured articles and videos. Tuesday afternoon, US Club Soccer and Player’s Health shared a video explaining the SafeSport Authorization Act of 2017.
To countdown the October 15 launch of the club licensing application, US Club Soccer and Players First partners will share an abundance of live video content and articles, with each week dedicated to a Players First pillar. The offerings will be released as follows:
- Week of September 4: Parent Engagement & Education – featuring webinars to be streamed on Facebook Live and hosted by Soccer Parent Resource Center and Positive Coaching Alliance, with more materials from SCOUTINGZONE and Player’s Health
- Week of September 10: Player Development – featuring TopYa! and SCOUTINGZONE on Facebook Live, and media from Beast Mode Soccer and Counting Stars Worldwide
- Week of September 17: Coaching Development – featuring Facebook Live webinars from Beyond Pulse, and more content from SportSessionPlanner and Fit For 90
- Week of September 24: Club Development – featuring LaLiga and Kimet Sport streaming on Facebook Live, and more from World Football Academy and SportSessionPlanner
- Week of October 1: Player Health & Safety – Dev Mishra, of Sideline Sports Doc, and Holly Silvers, of 11+, will co-host a Facebook Live episode, plus content from Fit For 90’s John Cone and Positive Coaching Alliance
See the full details of the licensing countdown here.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.