Commerce City, Colo. – The 2021 National Premier Leagues Finals, held July 8-12 at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, awarded 10 total championships across both Boys NPL Finals and Girls NPL Finals competitions.
The NPL Girls Finals included all ages from U-13 through U-19 competing for a national championship. The Girls NPL Finals represented the culminating event of a challenging 2020-21 season that featured qualifiers from regional NPLs throughout the country.
Meanwhile, the NPL Boys Finals served as the finale of a challenging, two-stage NPL postseason that began two weeks ago in both Colorado and South Carolina, with over 125 teams at the NPL National Playoff, which had all earned qualification to the prestigious tournament through successful regular seasons in their respective NPL league platforms.
Below is a list of winners from the NPL Girls and NPL Boys finals competitions:
NPL Boys Finals Champions
- U-14 NPL Boys National Champion: South Carolina Surf (South Atlantic Premier League)
- U-15 NPL Boys National Champion: Addison United (Northern Illinois Soccer League)
- U-16 NPL Boys National Champion: Southern Chester County SA Dragons (Pennsylvania Regional Club League)
- U-17 NPL Boys National Champion: Blitz United (Red River NPL)
NPL Girls Finals Champions
- U-13 NPL Girls National Champion: East County Surf (NPL Southwest)
- U-14 NPL Girls National Champion: AFC Lightning (South Atlantic Premier League)
- U-15 NPL Girls National Champion: Club Ohio (Great Lakes Alliance)
- U-16 NPL Girls National Champion: Louisiana Fire SC (Gulf States Premier League)
- U-17 NPL Girls National Champion: Midwest Premier Academy (Central States)
- U-19 NPL Girls National Champion: Cleveland Cobras SC (Great Lakes Alliance)
Overall, a total of seven NPL member leagues were represented. South Atlantic Premier League, Great Lakes Alliance was the only other league to also capture two divisions.
The display of championship matches in both NPL Girls and NPL Boys competitions were highly contested as seven of the 10 total finals were decided by one goal.
East County Surf 08G Select, AFC Lightning 07G, Louisiana Fire SC, and Midwest Premier Academy 04G clinched each of the their respective age group titles by a one-goal margin in NPL Girls Finals contests. Three of the NPL Boys Finals matches were decided by just a single score, with the exception of the U-14 NPL Boys Final, which finished 2-0 in favor of South Carolina Surf in a heated South Atlantic Premier League battle against Wake FC.
You can check out all of the scores, champions photos, tournament photo gallery, results and highlights on the NPL Finals page at www.usclubsoccer.org/npl-finals.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike, DICK'S Sporting Goods and Gatorade.