DENVER – 18 total teams from NPL Girls and NPL Boys competition punched their tickets to the national finals in their respective age groups on the fourth day at the 2021 National Premier Leagues Finals Sunday, July 11, at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado.
The NPL Boys Finals are featuring U-14 through U-17 age groups, while the NPL Girls Finals have all ages from U-13 through U-19 competing for a national championship.
Leading the way was AFC Lightning (South Atlantic Premier League) as three teams from the club earned NPL Finals berths. The club placed its 2006 Boys NPL squad into the U-15 NPL Boys Final, while its 2007 and 2002 Girls teams earned spots in the U-14 and U-19 NPL Girls Finals, respectively. The U-19 NPL Girls competition was the only age group where finalists were decided on Saturday.
AFC Lightning was part of a collection of six South Atlantic Premier League teams and four clubs that clinched NPL Finals spots, which was an NPL-high. Overall, a total of 10 NPL leagues will be represented in the finals tomorrow. South Atlantic was joined by Great Lakes Alliance, NISL and Central States as the only four three leagues with multiple teams participating in the final matches.
Below are all the NPL National Finals matchups tomorrow:
NPL Boys Finals Matchups
- U-14 NPL Boys Final: Wake FC vs South Carolina Surf | 9 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 12
- U-15 NPL Boys Final: Addison United vs. AFC Lightning | 11 a.m. MDT | DSG Park 12
- U-16 NPL Boys Final: Seacoast United Maine SC vs. Southern Chester County SA Dragons | 9 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 1
- U-17 NPL Boys Final: SFA Affiliate Columbus DPP vs. Blitz United | 11 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 1
NPL Girls Finals Matchups
- U-13 NPL Girls Final: East County Surf vs. Solar Soccer Club ECRL | 11 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 9
- U-14 NPL Girls Final: Aztec Soccer NPL vs. AFC Lightning | 9 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 9
- U-15 NPL Girls Final: Club Ohio vs. Southern Soccer Academy | 11 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 11
- U-16 NPL Girls Final: Louisiana Fire SC vs. KC Fusion | 9 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 11
- U-17 NPL Girls Final: Team Chicago SC vs. Midwest Premier Academy | 11 a.m., DSG Park 2
- U-19 NPL Girls Final: AFC Lightning vs. Cleveland Cobras SC | 9 a.m. MDT, DSG Park 2
Four of the finals matches will be live streamed. You can access the stream on US Club Soccer’s YouTube page with a link provided on the website and social media. The 9 a.m. time slot will feature the U-19 NPL Girls Final and the U-16 NPL Boys Final, while the 11 a.m. time frame will showcase the U-17 NPL Girls Final and the U-17 NPL Boys Final.
Continue to follow the action and results on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, the tournament page, or either the NPL Boys Finals Schedule or NPL Girls Finals Schedule. Be sure to use the hashtag #NPLFinals on all of your social media posts.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.