LaLiga Formation Methodology Courses set to relaunch in 2022
CHARLESTON, S.C. (Nov. 10, 2021) – After a brief pause due to COVID-19, US Club Soccer and LaLiga are thrilled to announce the return of LaLiga Formation Methodology coaching education courses in 2022. The courses will be hosted by member clubs and leagues throughout the country and will cover all three levels of the series: Level 3 (introductory), Level 2 (advanced) and the first-ever Level 1 (expert).
Kicking off next year’s relaunch of LaLiga Formation Methodology is the second-ever Level 1-U.S. course in Danville, California, Jan. 14-16, hosted by NorCal Premier Soccer. The full 2022 schedule of LaLiga Formation Methodology courses, locations and hosts will be announced in early 2022.
“Our technical partnership with LaLiga has provided American coaches the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge and think about long-term player development,” said Kevin Payne, US Club Soccer CEO. “The intention of the program is to provide a unique educational experience for coaches in which they can walk away understanding how to develop their own methodology. We are looking forward to our continued work with LaLiga in our unified goal to impact the sport at a high level in this country.”
Since the courses began in 2019, there have been 12 Level 3 courses, four Level 2 and one Level 1 course hosted in the U.S. Through 18 total courses, over 1,500 coaches from more than 400 clubs and organizations have been educated in LaLiga Formation Methodology.
“Through the longstanding partnership with US Club Soccer, LaLiga has shown its commitment to growing the sport in the U.S. by focusing on the development of coaches with our methodology, which has a clear impact on youth participation and professional development”, said Boris Gartner, CEO of LaLiga North America. “Our commitment continues, and we are thrilled to be hosting these course series again in partnership with US Club Soccer starting in 2022.”
The Level 1-U.S. course is the penultimate progression in the series. Coaches who complete a Level 1-U.S. course will be eligible to attend a Level 1-Spain course upon completion of additional course work. The first-ever Level 1-Spain course took place in February 2020.
LaLiga Formation Methodology is a staple of US Club Soccer’s Players First initiative, which is a branded, holistic club soccer experience for parents and players, emphasizing the development of each individual to his or her full potential, and helping parents make better choices about where their children should play.
US Club Soccer and LaLiga will be hosting a Facebook Live interview on Wednesday, November 17, as part of the ‘Importance of Coaching Education Interview Series’, to discuss the relaunch of the LaLiga Formation Methodology courses and the dedication to coaching education in the United States. You will be able to view the interview at http://www.facebook.com/usclubsoccer.
For those who have questions about attending or hosting a LaLiga Formation Methodology course, please contact US Club Soccer’s Sr. Manager of Club Development & Outreach Ashley Lehr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE COURSES
LaLiga Formation Methodology courses outline the philosophy and methods used across LaLiga to train, develop and form some of the world’s top players. The 2½-day courses includes theory and practical sessions both on and off the field. Coaches must complete the previous level course before advancing to the next.
Level 3 (introductory) topics include:
- Methodological foundations of training
- Structure of training
- Development of the training model
- Training tactical concept
- Training technique
- System development and strategy
- Training physical elements
Level 2 (advanced) topics include:
- Development of optimal training and performance processes and methods
- Mechanisms of control and development of the formative process and of individual performance of the players
- The ability to plan the training process in the initiation and performance stages, as well as developing and implementing the design and training of the game model
- Creating and managing individual optimization projects
- Deepen conceptual and procedural contents in training organization, planning and management
Level 1-U.S. (expert) topics include:
- Whole-part-whole methodology as an integral method to improve the training pertinence and adaptability to the cognitive model
- Different fundamentals and characteristics of the performance stage and the application through LaLiga methodology
- GPS technologies in training that help in decision making
- Understand the pertinence of the CORE and proprioception training related with the performance in soccer and injury prevention
- Applying the sports psychology to the team’s management in soccer and the group cohesion
- Learning, understanding and programming the competitive micro-cycle
- Analyze the main game models and systems of LaLiga clubs, understanding their general particularities, weaknesses and strong points
- Training set pieces from a holistic perspective
Registration details for all the courses will be made available on the usclubsoccer.org/laliga page. Each course’s dedicated web page contains further information, including detailed schedules, hotel rooms, venue logistics, bios of LaLiga leadership, etc.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike, DICK'S Sporting Goods and Gatorade.