LaLiga Methodology courses become more accessible, available
Courses and special topics coming soon
CHARLESTON, S.C. (March 20, 2023) – Seven years after the first LaLiga Methodology course, US Club Soccer and LaLiga are evolving the series to be more accessible and available to coaches. Rather than the previous progression-based model, LaLiga Methodology courses are open to all coaches. The series foundation remains with four levels: introductory, advanced, expert and immersion, and new this year is the addition of “special topics” courses, which are 6-hour, in-person educational sessions that US Club Soccer member clubs and leagues can host for their coaches.
The evolution of LaLiga Methodology is consistent with US Club Soccer’s belief that coach education should be accessible, affordable and available. LaLiga Methodology curriculum has been carefully crafted by LaLiga leadership to share methodological principles used in LaLiga academies to help develop some of the world’s best athletes. While there are no longer prerequisites to advance to the next level of LaLiga Methodology, the course levels are designed to challenge a variety of coaching experience. Since the first course in 2016, US Club Soccer, LaLiga and various leagues and clubs have co-hosted 21 courses throughout the country, educating 2,000 coaches.
- Introductory (previously “Level 3”)
- Recommended experience: Minimum of two years coaching
- Advanced (previously “Level 2”)
- Recommended experience: Minimum of four years coaching at least a U.S. Soccer ‘C’ license or equivalent
- Expert (previously “Level 1-U.S.”)
- Recommended experience: Minimum of seven years coaching at least a U.S. Soccer ‘B’ license or equivalent
- Immersion (previously “Level 1-Spain”)
- Recommended experience: Completion of expert level
- All interested applicants will apply to attend. Applications open at least three months prior to the trip, and the next anticipated course in Madrid will be February 2024
- Special Topics (new 6-hour courses conducted over one or two days including theory, field and workshop sessions)
- Training Methodology
- Training Sessions Management: Best Performance Tips
- Game Model & Strategy: Understanding, Creation & Implementation
- Training Periodization in Youth Soccer
- Individualized Training Programs
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike, DICK'S Sporting Goods and Gatorade.