Member Update: Important reminders about registration
US Club Soccer member organizations,
This year has been like no other in the history of American youth soccer, and we understand that everyone at every level of the game has been affected in some way. We have been heartened by the commitment to do things the right way, which our members have consistently shown. It has been challenging to us all, but we applaud our members for always remembering the responsibility that each of us has to the health and safety of our players, coaches, referees and staff.
Now that the new governing season is underway, and players are returning to practice fields, and in many parts of the country to regular league play, it’s more important than ever that we all keep in mind some key points, particularly with regard to registration:
- Staff registration is required for anyone who has regular contact with Youth Participants. This includes coaches, administrators and others, and is applicable even if your organization is only conducting in-house, small group or virtual training. For player health and safety reasons, all eligibility requirements must be completed and current for the registration to be valid. For more information, please visit the Who Must Register and Staff Registration web pages.
- Player registration is required of all participants in US Club Soccer.
- Insurance. Without registration, member organizations and participants are not included within the US Club Soccer-provided robust liability and excess participant accident medical insurance coverage. Member organizations place themselves at major risk when incidents occur uninsured.
- Other considerations. Other valuable considerations such as risk management assistance, and access to the US Club Soccer and U.S. Soccer adjudication process for disciplinary issues or complaints, are associated with registration.
- U.S. Soccer Policy 212-1 requires that every participant in every affiliated organization be registered with at least one U.S. Soccer Organization Member, such as US Club Soccer. US Club Soccer member organizations who have not registered their players and staff but are partaking in trainings, competition or other related activities with outside insurance are in violation of this policy.
- COVID-19. The latest information can be found at usclubsoccer.org/coronavirus, including resources, FAQs, and more.
The US Club Soccer registration process is connected to various safety measures and checkpoints. We appreciate your diligence, professionalism and commitment to safety.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.