South Atlantic Premier League adds new clubs ahead of 2023-24 season
CHARLESTON, S.C. (April 28, 2023) – A month after announcing new girls programming, the South Atlantic Premier League is again expanding, welcoming new clubs for the 2023-24 season. The following six clubs are adding their U-13 through U-19 boys and girls teams:
- Alpharetta Ambush SC (GA)
- Carolina Velocity FC (NC)
- Georgia Impact SC (GA)
- James Island Youth SC (SC)
- One Knoxville SC (TN; boys only)
- The Bulls Soccer Club (GA)
Beginning in the fall season, these clubs will compete for qualification to the 2024 NPL Finals, which will be held in July in Denver, Colorado. The South Atlantic Premier League is a founding member league of the National Premier Leagues, having first launched in 2012. Thirteen member boys clubs are currently competing for slots to the 2023 NPL Finals. Top teams will then compete against 16 other regional NPL member leagues throughout the country for championships.
The NPL’s vision is to serve youth soccer by forming and collaborating with leagues, adopting the Players First philosophy and supporting US Club Soccer’s mission to foster the development of clubs.
Quotes from new clubs:
- “Alpharetta Ambush Soccer Club is excited to announce our acceptance into the NPL’s South Atlantic Premier League beginning in the 2023-2024 season for our U-13 and older top boys teams and our U-14 to U-17 girls teams. As we have long sought the best platform locally and regionally for our players, it became evident that the NPL’s reputation for showcasing top players aligned with our core principles and values to constantly improve the athlete’s development environment. We are excited to take this big step forward for our players and compete in one of the most recognized soccer platforms in the region and nation. Thank you to NPL and its directors for the acceptance, and we look forward to the competition for our athletes in the coming years.” -Doug Yearwood, President of Alpharetta Ambush SC
- “Since the formation of Carolina Velocity in 2018, the mission of the club has been to push players to the highest possible level within our club philosophy. The staff and I at Carolina Velocity have worked tirelessly the last five years to make that happen. Joining the NPL is exactly what our organization is looking for to enhance our player pathway and provide the next stage in the growth of our club. Not only do our core values and principles align, but with the wealth of strong competition throughout the NPL, both regionally and nationally, we are convinced our players and teams will be pushed even further. As such, we are delighted to be joining the NPL and look forward to competing at this level.” -Andy Thompson, Director of Soccer of Carolina Velocity FC
- “We are excited to announce the acceptance into NPL’s South Atlantic Premier League. As a program, we have been searching for a league that will challenge our players every game and provide strong competition. We firmly believe that NPL provides this and will be a great platform for our players’ development. We are looking forward to challenging ourselves against some of the best clubs within the Southeast region.” -Ross Keenan, Boys Director of Coaching of Georgia Impact SC
- “James Island Youth Soccer Club is excited to be joining the NPL’s South Atlantic League for both our girls and boys U-13-U-19 programs for the 2023-24 season. We will be competing alongside like-minded clubs, and this competition platform will offer invaluable experience to our players, coaches and club. This also provides our Jr. Academy and younger players a new level of play they may aspire to.” -Clark Brisson, Executive Director of James Island Youth SC
- “One Knoxville is excited to be part of the South Atlantic Premier League. As our program keeps growing, we want to offer opportunities to compete and allow the boys athletes in Knoxville to strive under a regional and national competition.” -Junior Santos, One Knoxville SC
- “The NPL is a huge step forward for The Bulls Soccer Club boys and girls programs. It further enhances our player development pathway, provides a future pathway to higher-level competition and access to regional and national showcases, and is a collegiate identification platform.” -Andrew Hammer, Director of Coaching of The Bulls Soccer Club
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike, DICK'S Sporting Goods and Gatorade.