US Club Soccer coaching education opportunities abound this winter with U.S. Soccer, LaLiga, ECNL, United Soccer Coaches
CHARLESTON, S.C. (Dec. 20, 2022) – US Club Soccer is proud to host, facilitate and extend a number of coaching education opportunities to its members this winter alongside other leaders in the sport. Over the next few months, member coaches have access to sessions with U.S. Soccer, LaLiga, ECNL and United Soccer Coaches. While developmental opportunities are available consistently throughout the year, they’re heightened in early 2023 with the return of both the United Soccer Coaches Convention and the ECNL Coaching Symposium.
The diverse group of hosts provides aspiring and existing coaches with the tools necessary to grow in the sport, such as U.S. Soccer licensing and United Soccer Coaches certifications and diplomas. And for those seeking to think differently about skills like soccer–specific tactics, periodization and leadership, LaLiga methodology experts and ECNL’s expert presenters check those important boxes.
- U.S. Soccer grassroots, D and C courses hosted by US Club Soccer: find opportunities near you
- U.S. Soccer Innovate to Grow opportunity: specifically for current players of ages 16–22 in California; contact your league director at NorCal Premier or SOCAL if interested in hosting a course at your club
- U.S. Soccer Director of Coaching course, hosted by Virginia Premier Soccer League
- LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 3 (introductory) course, Jan. 6–8 in San Ramon, CA; hosted by NorCal Premier
- US Club Soccer offerings at the United Soccer Coaches Convention, Jan. 11–15 in Philadelphia, PA
- Jan. 11: Add–on course: “Understanding, Creating and Implementing a Game Model and Match Strategy,” co–hosted by LaLiga
- Jan. 11: Field session: “Implementing a Game Model Individually and Collectively,” co–hosted by LaLiga
- Jan. 13: Classroom session: “Developing a Strategic Plan for Coach Education in Your Organization,” presented by US Club Soccer’s Coach Licensing Technical Leads
- ECNL Coaching Symposium, Feb. 7–8 in Las Vegas
- LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 1–Spain (expert) course, April 17–26 in Madrid
These opportunities are consistent with US Club Soccer’s belief that coaching education should be accessible, affordable and available.
The LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 3 course in January, hosted by NorCal Premier Soccer, is an introductory level course, allowing coaches to gain knowledge of LaLiga methodological principles that are later advanced through a progression of Level 2, Level 1–U.S. and Level 1–Spain courses. More than 1,500 coaches from 400 clubs have attended a LaLiga Formation Methodology course. The revered Level 1–Spain course in April in Madrid is available to those who have completed the prerequisite levels.
At the 2023 United Soccer Coaches Convention, US Club Soccer and LaLiga will once again co–host a pair of educational sessions. Coaches who complete both the add–on course and the field session on Jan. 11 will receive a LaLiga special topics course certificate. US Club Soccer will have other activations, as well, such as the US Club Soccer Lounge and an insightful classroom session for clubs to learn how to strategize for effective coaching development within their organization.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike, DICK'S Sporting Goods and Gatorade.
usclubsoccer.org | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube |