US Club Soccer Registrar Newsletter – June 2023
We are off to a fantastic start of the 2023-24 registration season. Most of you have been busy registering your players and fulfilling their requirements, which means you will be all set to print your passcards on July 1.
Sending Communications to Players & Staff
We have worked with GotSport to develop helpful saved reports you can use that include the filters to help you find players with outstanding requirements. Be sure to take advantage of these saved reports to ensure your players are all set come July 1.
Requirements for Players Who Will Be 18+ Years Old By July 31, 2024
The following requirements must be completed for any player who will be 18+ years old during the 2023-24 season (by July 31, 2024):
- SafeSport training (with parental permission if the player is under 18 years old when taking the training). Please encourage applicable parents and players to start this requirement early so they don’t risk missing games when the new season begins.
- Sex Offender Registry & Adverse Eligibility List Review (Players) Certification By Member Org Admin
More details are available on the Player Registration web page on usclubsoccer.org.
Building Your Team Rosters
The first roster you create in Roster Builder should be your Passcards and Registration event roster. Most leagues use this roster as the source roster for their events which means the league event rosters are automatically created when the team’s Passcard and Registration roster is created. Visit this help article to learn how to register your teams for a Passcard and Registration event. Once this roster is created you will also have the option to clone the roster for other event rosters.
Certificates of Insurance (COI)
COI for the 2022-23 season will expire August 1, 2023. COI for 2023-24 may be requested by submitting the US Club Soccer Certificate of Liability Request Form, accessible on this web page. Instructions for submitting the request are included on the form.
- Please be sure to release players who are not returning to your club so their registrations with their new club is not delayed.
- When adding new players, please be sure to use the player’s full legal name (first name, middle name, last name, suffix) exactly as it is listed on their uploaded proof of birth document.
- A large number of duplicate profiles are created this time of year. Please be sure to merge your duplicates.
Any Questions or Concerns? Don't Hesitate To Contact Us
- For registration, eligibility requirements, insurance or other matters, please submit a ticket to US Club Soccer’s member administration team. Please remember to include your organization name as it appears in GotSport.
- For questions or issues with the GotSport platform, please first review the US Club Soccer-GotSport Help Article/Video Table of Contents.
- If you have technical issues with the GotSport platform, please submit a ticket to GotSport Support.
Missed a newsletter? Previous newsletters can always be viewed on our website.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike, DICK'S Sporting Goods and Gatorade.